Every barnyard has its bully! But two of the barnyard’s chickens, Marge and Lola, will not stand idly by. ArtsPower’s musical portrays the colorful story of these two barnyard chickens on a mission to win the barnyard talent contest first prize of two tickets to see the great Elvis Poultry in concert! But first, they must present a performance that will score higher than a flock of very talented ducks, led by Mac who loves to play the bully. Can Marge and Lola face their challengers, against all odds, and win the talent contest?
Chicken Dance has been cited with the following honors:
* 2009 National Parenting Publications Gold Award
* 2009 ABC Best Books for Children
* 2009 Book Choice for Oklahoma Celebration of Reading
* 2010 Winner of the Oklahoma Book Award
* 2010 Chicago Public Library Best of the Best Book
* 2010 Book Choice for Read Across Oklahoma
* 2010 Nominee for the Wyoming Library Association Best Book
* 2011 Nominee for the Grand Canyon Reader Award
* 2011 Winner of the Donna Norvell Award
To download high-resolution photos, first click on any of the photos above, then right-click on the larger images that appear.
Grades: K - 2
Performance: 55 minutes
Curriculum connections: Family Relationships, Language/Communication Skills, Literature-Based, Musical, Values-Based
Credit: Based on the book, “Chicken Dance.” Written by Tammi Sauer and illustrated by Dan Santat. Copyright © 2009. Published by Sterling Publishers, New York and London.
Contact us for information about upcoming shows.